Margaret “Maggie” L. Sullivan
(1844 - ? )
Born Rochester, NY
Church record log…
The St. Mary’s church records Margaret Sullivan being married in 1870 to Charles Riley …with Thomas Tobin and Ellen Sullivan present on 11/15/1870.
Auburn Daily Bulletin 11/16/1870
Margaret “Maggie” L. Sullivan marries Charles H. xxLEY of Auburn. Married Tuesday 11/15/1870 at St Mary’s church by Rev Dr Laughlin. Paper is cut off on the left edge so the husbands name is not full there….the first few letters of the last name are cut off. . There is room for 2 letters before the LEY.
Charles H. Riley
· Born 1846 or 1847….close in age to Maggie born 1844
· Parents: Anthony and Mary Riley of Auburn.
· Siblings: Julia(1849), Mary (1851), Catherine (1854), William (1857), Ellen(1959), Anthony Jr (1865), Joe (1868)
o 1880 Reilly parents….Charles not listed
o 1875 Riley parents…Charles not listed with parents
o 1870 Reiley Auburn 1st ward book keeper lives w parents taken 6/15/1870 age 23
o 1865 Riley Auburn Ward 1…born 1847 age 18
o 1860 O’Riley Auburn Ward 4 …born 1846 age 13
o 1855 Riley Auburn ward 4 born 1847 age 8
o 1850 Riley Auburn ward 4 born 1847…age 3
· Auburn City Directory …there were multiple Charles Rileys at that time in Auburn
o 1862? Riley Anthony, miller, h 2 Bradford
§ Riley Charles, clerk, bds 2 Bradford
· 1870’s Auburn newspaper ran ads for Charles H Riley, Agent. Booking passage on Cunard Lines to Liverpool and Queenstown.
o Charles lived with his parents thru the June 1870 Census….the wedding was Nov 1870.
o Charles Riley does not appear in the 1875, 1880 census and beyond…anywhere in US…….. Where did they go? If he worked as an agent for Cunard could they have left the country?